Zesty Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 8 oz. dry macaroni pasta
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 - 15 oz. cans Hunt's MANWICH Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 - 10 oz. can RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced sweet pickle, if desired
- Heat large pot of salted water to boiling. Cook pasta according to package directions, except one minute less than package states for al dente pasta. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over Med-High heat. Add onion and green pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until veggies begin to soften. Add in ground turkey. Cook, breaking up the meat with spoon, until turkey is no longer pink and veggies are crisp tender. Turn off heat. Drain off any liquid that might remain after cooking.
- To skillet with onions, ground turkey and peppers, add in one can of Hunt's Manwich and one can of Ro*tel. Combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray and add reserved cooked pasta. Pour turkey mixture over the pasta. Stir. Add enough of the second can of Hunt's Manwich to thoroughly coat the meat, veggies and pasta. (I added the entire second can). Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sprinkle top of casserole with cheddar cheese. (you can cover with foil and refrigerate to bake later at this point if you like. You may need to add a few minutes to the bake time if baked from refrigerator.)
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped sweet pickle, if desired.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: sloppy Joe, turkey, casserole, easy recipe, main dish, pasta, beef