| serves 4 as a side |
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cultured coconut yogurt (i use this one)
- 2 teaspoons tahini paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large (or 2 small) garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh turmeric (or 1 teaspoon dried ground turmeric)
- fine sea salt + freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise
- large grain sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- a few pinches black or white sesame seeds
for the sauce
- in a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, tahini, vinegar, garlic, and turmeric, season with salt and pepper. taste and adjust as necessary. place in a lidded jar and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
for the potatoes
- preheat the oven to 400*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. use a pastry brush to brush the paper liberally with olive oil, set aside.
- in a bowl, toss together the potatoes and olive oil, sprinkle with large grain salt and fresh pepper. place the potatoes cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the bottoms are lightly browned, about 20-22 minutes. use tongs to turn potatoes over and roast until potatoes are golden and tender, about 10 minutes. remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. then toss together with shredded cabbage and chives.
- remove sauce from refrigerator and give it a good stir; drizzle potatoes with the sauce and toss together. serve potatoes warm with more turmeric sauce if desired.