UNSTUFFED CABBAGE CASSEROLE
1 hour 5 mins
The very easy shortcut of stuffed cabbage rolls.
- 2 pounds cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Salt to taste
- 1 and ¾ cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Divide the cabbage into layers and blanch them in boiling water until tender. Drain well and chop them roughly.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add ground beef. Cook until it releases and then absorbs its juice.
- Add onions, garlic and olive oil and cook stirring for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and tomato paste and stir well.
- Season with salt, black pepper and dried mint.
- Finally add cooked rice, lemon juice and chopped cabbage. Cook over medium low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Spray a casserole dish with olive oil. Pour the mixture into it and bake for 45 minutes.