Tortilla Pizzas with Roasted Red Peppers
This recipe is perfect for busy nights where you want a delicious meal in a snap. It's incredibly easy to make and full of flavour. Whip up some Tortilla Pizzas with Roasted Red Peppers today.
Author: Kim Beaulieu
Recipe type: Main
Serves: Serves 8
- 8 TortillaLand tortillas
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (12 ounce) of roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place 2 large cookie sheets near your work station.
- Heat 8 TortillaLand flour tortillas in a pan according to the package directions.Place cooked tortillas on the cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl combine the pizza sauce and sugar, stir well. Spoon over the cooked tortillas and smooth out.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over each tortilla.
- In the same pan you cooked the tortillas in heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the roasted red peppers into the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the peppers just start to crisp on the edges. This takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Either chop them into pieces by hand or toss in a food processor and pulse briefly. You want them to still be chunky pieces, so chop them roughly, or pulse them briefly.
- Using tongs place the roasted red peppers randomly around the tops of the tortilla pizzas.
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, you just want to cook them long enough to melt the cheese properly.
- Remove from oven, toss parsley over top.
- Serve with a big old TortillaLand loving smile!