Roasted Vegetable Lasagna with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1½ pounds)
- 3 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups low fat ricotta
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, undrained
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10 oz bag frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of all moisture
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) grated mozzarella
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine oil, salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, red peppers, green peppers, squash, zucchini, and onion on a baking sheet; toss well. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; combine squash mixture and garlic in a bowl. Set aside.
- Decrease oven temperature to 375°.
- To prepare cheese mixture, combine ricotta, basil and oregano in a bowl.
- To prepare sauce, place vinegar, salt, black pepper, garlic, diced tomatoes, roasted red peppers and crushed red pepper, in a blender; process until smooth.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour ½ cup of sauce onto the bottom of the dish (just a thin layer).
- Cover the sauce with a layer of lasagna noodles (I used no boil noodles, but you can use noodles that require you to pre-boil, just boil them according to the package instructions).
- Top the noodles with ½ of the thawed spinach, ½ of the roasted vegetables, ½ of the ricotta, ½ cup shredded mozzarella, and ½ cup sauce.
- Repeat layering: noodles, remaining spinach, remaining roasted vegetables, remaining ricotta, ½ cup shredded mozzarella, ½ cup sauce.
- Final layer: noodles, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella, ½ cup grated parmesan
- Bake the lasagna for about 1 hour, until it’s bubbling along the edges and golden brown.
- Let to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.