1 c. almond flour
1 cup parmesan cheese
pinch of salt
2 t. rosemary
2 egg whites
15 oz ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 t. salt plus more for sprinkling
1/8 t. pepper plus more for sprinkling
1/4 c. cream
1 T. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
1 c. fresh basil leaves - finely chopped
1 pound sliced tomatoes (aprox. 3 medium)
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix almond flour, parmesan cheese, salt, and rosemary together.
- Thoroughly combine almond flour mixture with egg white.
- Place dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll into a circle for a 9 inch pie plate.
- Place crust in pie plate and flute edges. Bake for approximately 10 minutes and then set crust aside.
- Whisk together ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese, 1/4 t. salt, 1/8 t pepper.
- In a separate cup stir together cream and cornstarch until smooth.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the cheese and egg mixture. Str in the basil.
- Pour this mixture into a pie crust.
- Slice tomatoes and place on top. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is set. You may need to wrap the edge of the pie crust with foil to prevent over-browning part way through baking.