TOMATO BASIL CHICKEN STEW
This delicious Tomato Basil Chicken Stew recipe is hearty, healthy, and so comforting.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 (28 oz.) cans whole tomatoes (with their juices)
- 1 (14 oz.) can cannelinni beans
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Saute for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute or two until fragrant.
Add in remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Use a long spoon to crush the tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer partially-covered for 10 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.
**Or, you can add all ingredients except the cheese to a slow cooker, stir to combine, cook on high for 3-4 hours (or low for 6-8), then serve with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.**