THE BEST OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN
All the flavour of KFC without the grease!
Serves: 3-6 servings, depending on amount of chicken used
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in strips (I get about 3 out of one breast)
- 4-5 tbsp butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place butter on a large baking sheet and place in the oven to melt.
- Combine all ingredients besides chicken in a large paper or ziploc bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat.
- Take your baking sheet out of the oven once the butter has melted and place your chicken on it, leaving a space between each strip. Bake 10-12 minutes, flip gently with a pair of tongs, and bake another 10-12 minutes.
- Be sure to check to make sure your chicken is cooked, as the thickness can greatly affect baking time. You want it to be done but not overdone and dry. Bake another 5-10 minutes if needed.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towel to soak up any excess grease. Serve immediately.