Oven-Fried Panko Crusted Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsps parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Put the butter in your cast iron skillet and place it in the oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish whisk together the egg and the water. In another shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil and black pepper.
- Dip the drumsticks in the egg mixture followed by the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the coating firmly onto each piece. Put the drumsticks into the pan of melted butter and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, flip then continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- I didn't measure the olive oil. I just gave a light drizzle to each piece of chicken.
- If your looking for a slimmed down version of an oven-fried chicken, try my greek yogurt marinated, whole wheat coated Skinny Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken! It's a winner, too!