Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Serves: 2-4 servings
- 2 naan flatbread pizzas
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons reduced sodium sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (may sub. soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy)
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup white bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup matchstick carrots
- roasted peanuts, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
Coconut Crema (optional)
- 1/2 of a 5.3 oz coconut yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Coconut Crema: Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or nonslip mats (for easy cleanup). Set aside.
- Whisk all the Peanut Sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl EXCEPT for the peanut butter. Set aside.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and saute just until no longer pink (does not need to be cooked through). Add prepared Peanut Sauce (except for peanut butter) and simmer with chicken for two minutes. Stir in peanut butter until smooth and completely combined.
- Evenly divide Chicken Peanut Sauce between flatbread and spread almost to edges. Evenly divide and layer cheese, red onions, carrots, and sprouts on each of the flatbreads.
- Bake for 10 minutes then broil until cheese is golden if desired. Garnish with crushed peanuts, cilantro and Coconut Crema.