Chicken Florentine Flatbread
This Chicken Florentine Flatbread is easier than you think and crazy delicious!
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2-3 store-bought or homemade flat breads OR naan (you can find this at most grocery stores in the bakery area - I've seen it at Walmart, Target, and Harmon's. THIS ONE is my favorite.)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons italian seasoning (not italian dressing- just an italian blend of seasonings you find in the spice section)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness and diced/chopped into bite size pieces
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (you can also use thin slices of a roma tomato)
- ½ cup spinach leaves, thinly sliced or chopped
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- optional: 1 tablespoon fresh basil(chopped), ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning. Cook in a large pan over medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Set chicken aside.
- Whisk together melted butter and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Brush over naan/flat bread. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Scatter chopped spinach over cheese. Add tomatoes and chicken. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. (If including optional basil and sun dried tomatoes, add now) Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning over the parmesan cheese.
- Bake flat breads 6-8 minutes until cheese is melty. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!