15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 10 ounces pad thai noodles
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup low-sodium or regular soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- For the rest of the dish:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, shaved into long thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- Sriracha sauce, for topping (optional)
- Green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a large bowl with hot water and soak the pad thai noodles in it for 10 minutes, or until soften. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute garlic and onion until softened and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms carrots to the skillet and cook until tender.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the noodles to the skillet then pour the sauce over top. Toss mixture to coat completely. Let simmer for 5 minutes, toss again, then remove from heat.
- Serve hot and add sriracha sauce on top, if desired.
- You may garnish with green onions but it is optional.
All images and content are © Table for Two. Please do not republish anything without prior consent. If you want to share this recipe, please REWRITE the directions in your own words, use your own photos, and link back to this post to provide proper credit. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this.