1 zucchini, cut in half vertically, then sliced in half circles
8 ounces mushroom, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS brown sugar
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 TBS Sriracha hot sauce (this is A LOT of spice, tone it down if you don't like spicy)
2 inches fresh ginger, grated
1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
1. In a large stock pot, fill halfway with water, salt, and bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, and ginger; whisk well to combine; set aside.
3. Return large stock pot to stove, heat over medium heat, add 1 TBS olive oil. Add beaten eggs and red pepper flakes and stir to scramble the eggs. Once cooked, set aside with pasta.
4. Return large stock pot to stove, heat remaining 1 TBS oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
5. Turn heat down to low, add pasta and eggs back to pot, then pour the sauce mixture over the top. Using a wooden spoon, stir well to coat pasta and vegetables with sauce. Remove from heat, add peanuts, green onions, and cilantro; stir to combine.
6. Serve immediately.
Notes: Serve warm or cold - it's great both ways! If you want to add a protein, I suggest cooking it after the eggs and then setting aside. If you add shrimp, you can add that in towards the end, when there is about 2-3 minutes left with for the veggies to cook