Sweet Potato Fritters with Sriracha Mayo
Author: Ciao Chow Bambina
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 large sweet potatoes (1 lb.), coarsely grated and dried with a paper towel
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Olive Oil for frying
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- In a large bowl combine sweet potato, eggs, flour, bread crumbs, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix well.
- Let mixture rest for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the Sriracha Mayo. Combine the mayo and hot sauce, stirring completely. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 - 3 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
- Scoop enough potato mixture to fit in the palm of your hand, about ⅛ cup.
- Roll like a meatball then flatten and form into a small pancake shape.
- Gently deliver pancake to the oil.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes until cooked through and golden brown, turning once.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Keep warm in a low oven.
- Add more oil to the pan as needed.
- When all the batter is cooked, place fritters on a serving platter and serve with Sriracha Mayo.