Sweet Potato and Black Bean Pizza
For the pizza:
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- about ¾ of a small sweet potato, sliced into rounds about ⅛ inch thick
- about 1 cup freshly grated manchego cheese
- ½ of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package of Goat Cheese
- chopped cilantro
- sliced avocado
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Place a pizza stone in the oven and allow the stone to heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and allow the dough to relax for about 10 minutes (but no longer than 30). Roll out and shape the dough and then transfer to a piece of parchment the size of your pizza stone that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal.
- Meanwhile, add the black beans, garlic, chipotle pepper, paprika, cumin, salt and vegetable broth to a food processor. Process until smooth (and a sort of thick puree forms). Set aside.
- Set a small skillet over medium heat. Add in the olive oil. When hot, add in the sliced sweet potato and sprinkle with a little salt. Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Brush the edges of the pizza dough lightly with olive oil. Spread the black bean puree on the dough, using a spatula to smear it evenly (it will be a thicker layer). Sprinkle the pizza with the cheese, spoon over the Goat Cheese. Top with the sweet potato slices and red onion.
- Transfer to the oven (put the parchment paper with the pizza directly on the pizza stone). Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes, then sprinkle with the cilantro and top with the sliced avocado. Serve immediately.