SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN VEGAN SKILLET AND/OR BURRITOS
Author: Kim Lee
Recipe type: Main
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 9, ½ cup servings
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 2.5 cups), cubed & roasted
- 1 container cooked Minute® Ready to Serve Rice or about 1 cup brown rice
- 1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans (about 1.5-2 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
- 4 tortilla wraps (large or x-large)
- Toppings of choice: (avocado, salsa, spinach/lettuce, cilantro, etc)
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spread cubed sweet potato evenly over baking sheet, spray with an olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray and lightly season with salt. Roast for about 15-20 minutes and until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add oil, onion, bell pepper and minced garlic. Sauté for about 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Now add in salt and seasonings and stir well.
- Add black beans and cooked rice and sauté for another 5 minutes on medium.
- Add roasted sweet potato to the rice mixture and stir well. You can mash the squash with a fork if some pieces are too large.
- Add filling to tortilla along with desired toppings. Wrap and serve. Leftover filling can be reheated the next day for lunch in a wrap or as a salad topper.
Nutritional information does not include additional toppings or tortilla.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 123 Fat: 1.1g Saturated fat: .2g Carbohydrates: 24.3gSugar: 2.2g Sodium: 345.7mg Fiber: 5.3g Protein: 4.5g Cholesterol: 0mg