1 large bunch dinosaur kale, organic - finely chopped (6-7 cups)
1 beet, peeled and finely chopped
4 medium carrots, organic - diced
1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
2-3 tsp walnut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
2 tsp liquid sweetener (agave, maple, brown rice..)
1/4 tsp coriander
a few pinches of salt and pepper (to taste)
optional: 1-2 tsp tahini or melted nut butter for added richness
1 lemon or 2 limes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
a few pinches of salt and pepper
cayenne to taste
1/3 cup dry black rice
2/3 cup water
pinch of salt
garnish on top:
1-2 satsumas, peeled and sliced
1 small tomato, organic - diced
1. Start off by washing your veggies in warm water very well. Rinse in cold water to finish. I love using fruit and veggie wash when using farmer's market veggies.
2. Start chopping! This is a prep-heavy salad because part of the deliciousness is that all the veggies are finely diced, chopped and shredded. I spent a good 2-3 minutes finely chopping the kale into little bits. This way it is almost like a shredded "chopped" salad. Easier for flavors to mingle and absorb.
3. Add all the prepped veggies into a large mixing bowl. Then add in the vinegar, juice, oil and seasonings. Toss very well.
4. Place the salad in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour for best flavor.
5. Prep your side of purple rice and guacamole topping right before serving salad.
6. Serve salad in a bowl with guac on top, rice on the side and diced tomatoes on top too.
Sunset Salad - (Free Recipe below)
- Sunsladq - Recipe
- 1.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout