Stuffed French Bread
French bread stuffed with a cheesy and flavorful hamburger mixture. Slice into pieces and serve like sandwiches!
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Slice the french bread in the middle, lengthwise, so you have to equal pieces. Scoop out the bread in the center of each piece. Place bread in a large bowl and tear into small chunks. Set the two halves of french bread onto a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Drain any grease. Add the celery and garlic to skillet. Cook a few minutes until celery is tender. Next, add soup, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook mixture until heated; another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the beef mixture to the bread in the large bowl. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into the center of one half of the french bread. Spread out evenly. Top the mixture with the shredded cheese. Top with the other half of bread.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Yields: 6 servings