Spicy Sriracha Cabbage & Pastrami Egg Sandwich
Author: The Adventures of Bob & Shan
Recipe type: Sandwich
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 1 bun
- Olive oil
- Handful of green cabbage (shredded)
- Sriracha to taste
- Salt & pepper
- Dash of white wine vinegar
- 3-4 slices pastrami
- 2 eggs
- Broccoli sprouts (or any kind)
- Aged white cheddar
- In a pan on medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Once heated, add shredded cabbage.
- Saute cabbage until softened, about 3-5 minutes, adding vinegar and sriracha about half-way through.
- Toast your bread or bun, spreading a generous amount of mayo on each side.
- Once cabbage is sauteed, place on bottom bun.
- In the same pan, give a your pastrami a quick sear, about 1 minute, until heated through.
- Place pastrami on top of cabbage.
- In the same pan, turn up the heat a notch or two, adding some more oil to the pan.
- Fry both eggs to your preference (I decided to go with over easy on this one).
- While your eggs are still cooking, place cheese on top, helping it melt, then place onto sandwich, top with sprouts, and bun.