Type a description for this product here...
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
- 5 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mashed (about 5-6 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup mini marshmallows, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Scrub sweet potatoes and boil or bake in the oven until tender.
- Cool, peel and mash the sweet potatoes. Stir in granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, milk and eggs, mix well. Pour mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish or individual dishes for serving.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter together and spread evenly over sweet potato mixture.
- Cook for 30 minutes until topping has browned. If using mini marshmallows, add them the final 10 minutes of baking. Remove from oven and serve.
Make-Ahead Tips: Prepare sweet potato mixture and spread into casserole dish. Cool completey, wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Prepare streusel topping and store in a zip top bag in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, remove all from the refrigerator. Spread streusel on top of casserole and bake as directed.
Freezer Friendly Tips: Prepare sweet potato mixture and spread into casserole dish. Cool completely, wrap tightly and store in the freezer up to 10 - 12 months.
When ready to bake, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Make streusel topping mixture