SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE BITES
A sweet little game day appetizer using Alexia Sweet Potato Bites.
- ½ package Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup mini marshmallows (equal to number of sweet potato bites)
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Bake Alexia Sweet Potato Bites according to package directions.
- While baking, heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add butter and melt.
- Stir in chopped onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, cooking until onions are iridescent, soft and caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Thread a toothpick with one mini marshmallow, one chunk of caramelized onions and one Alexia Sweet Potato Bite. Arrange on a serving try. Sprinkle with Kosher Salt, to taste, and serve warm.