Smoked Trout Salad with Creamy Cucumbers, Scallions, and Dill
- 1 medium English cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seed core removed, and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 6 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. smoked trout, skin removed
- 4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices sourdough toast, for serving
In a medium bowl, mix the cucumber with the crème fraîche and 2 Tbs. of the lemon juice. Add the dill and season to taste with salt.
In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 2 Tbs. lemon juice with the olive oil and a pinch of salt. In the bowl, flake the trout into chunks, making sure to remove any bones. Add the scallions and gently toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make a bed of the cucumbers on a large platter (or divide them among 8 small plates); top with the trout mixture. Garnish with a dill sprig and serve with the toast.
nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 440; Fat (g): fat g 20; Fat Calories (kcal): 180; Saturated Fat (g): sat fat g 6; Protein (g):protein g 25; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 10; Carbohydrates (g): carbs g 39; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 2.5; Sodium (mg): sodium mg 990; Cholesterol (mg): cholesterol mg 95; Fiber (g): fiber g 2;
PHOTO: PERNILLE PEDERSEN