SMOKE SALMON & GOAT CHEESE PUFFS
Bites of flaky puff pastry topped with a tangy smoked salmon and goat cheese spread.
Author: Danielle | Krafted Koch
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 30 pieces
- 3 oz. smoked salmon (the flaky type)
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ lemon juiced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Spread out each thawed puff pastry sheet on your work area and cut 2" circles from the sheets. Place the cirlces onto a lined baking sheet. Brush the puff pastry rounds with beaten egg and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, In a food processor, combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, smoked salmon, lemon juice, dill and salt and pepper. Process the mixture until smooth then spoon it into a piping bag or large zip-lock bag with the corner cut off.
- Store the salmon mixture in the refrigerator until ready to use. Pipe a heaping dollop of salmon and goat cheese mixture on each puff pastry round. Garnish with a tiny sprig of dill and serve immediately.