SLOW COOKER APPLE AND BROWN SUGAR CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
10 hours 10 mins
This Slow Cooker Apple and Brown Sugar Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe will be the best version you have ever tasted! Double the recipe because it's that good.
Recipe type: Gluten Free dinner, main dish
- 2-2½ lbs. small red potatoes
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 1 small cabbage, cut in wedges
- 3 lb. flat cut corned beef, season packet discarded
- 1 quart apple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. stone ground mustard
- Put potatoes on bottom of large slow cooker. Layer carrots, meat, and then cabbage wedges on top (you may have to slice the cabbage wedges thinner to fit everything in slow cooker).
Mix together the apple juice, brown sugar, and mustard. Pour over everything in the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours until meat is very tender. Serve with reserved juice in slow cooker.
Make sure to get a flat cut of corned beef. It is a better quality and will be a leaner cut.