Shrimp Scampi Poppers
Author: Katya @ http://www.littlebroken.com
Serves: 20 poppers
- 1 (7.5 oz.) can refrigerated Homestyle Biscuits (not Grands)
- ½ lb. cooked petite shrimp, drained and roughly chopped (or you can also use baby salad shrimp without chopping)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. cream cheese
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 scallion, white and green parts chopped
- 1½ tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Coat a miniature-muffin pan with cooking spray. ***I used this filled-pancake pan, however, miniature-muffin pan is more practical and accessible and will do just fine for these poppers***
- Split each biscuit in half (horizontally) and place each half in a muffin cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
- To prepare the shrimp filling: in a medium bowl mix the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture on top of each biscuit. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the poppers are golden and bubbly.
- Best served hot. Enjoy!