Shrimp Salad Sandwiches
- 1 pound medium-sized local shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- juice of half lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon of pureed or finely diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup of Hellman’s (or your favorite) mayonnaise
- 1 baguette or a loaf of your favorite bread
1. To prepare the shrimp, peel, dehead and devein them and place in boiling water for 1 to 4 minutes until they turn pink. To test, cut one open; it should be pink all the way through. If it is transparent, it needs further cooking but be careful not to overcook (they become mushy), so test one shrimp early!
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture forms a chunky paste, as in the images. Again, try not to over mix; a little texture and tiny chunks make it good!
3. Spread mixture on toasted baguettes. Top with diced cucumbers and/or tomatoes, or serve as a tea sandwich on your favorite soft bread! I like it best when the crust is cut off, and so do my children!