Salsa Verde Chicken and Black Bean Burritos:
What it took for 4:
* 1 tsp each: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, poultry seasoning
* 1 pinch of salt and pepper
* 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 pound chicken breast
* 1 (14.5 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 red bell pepper
* 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
* 1/2 cup jarred salsa verde (or canned, or homemade!)
* 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
* 4 large spinach tortillas
* sour cream (a dollop per burrito, if you want. optional!)
* sliced avocado
Mix all the spices in a small bowl, including the salt and pepper. Toss with your fingers. Season the chicken on both sides with the spices.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Add the chicken and sear on both sides for about 4 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan, let rest for 5 minutes, then give it a dice.
Back in the pan add the diced chicken, beans, red bell pepper, most of the cilantro and the salsa verde. Toss to combine and warm through. Taste it. Need a pinch of salt? Maybe a squeeze of lime juice?
Evenly divide the mix among 4 spinach tortillas. Top with 1/2 cup (each) of the cheese and a dollop of sour cream, if you want your burrito to look horrible.
Roll up the burrito and place it back in the (cleaned) skillet and brown the tortilla all over, just a couple of minutes total.
Serve with remaining cilantro and slice avocado!