Nothing beats the smell of homemade biscuits baking up in the oven! These Rosemary and Goat Cheese Biscuits are sure to become a new favorite.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt (Kosher or Table Salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Very Cold
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- (1) 6 ounce Log of Fresh Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 Cup + 4 Tablespoons Heavy Cream; Divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper; whisk well to combine. Using a large cheese grater shred the butter into the dry ingredients; use your fingertips to rub the butter into the mix, stopping when the mixture is a coarse meal. Stir in the rosemary, then add in the goat cheese and 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons of the cream; stir with a fork just until a messy (sticky) ball is formed. Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface and knead (with very floured hands) until the dough has been worked into a ball; about 6-7 times should do it. Pat the ball down into a 1" thick round, then use a biscuit cutter to cut out as many rounds as possible, re-rolling the scraps as needed.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet, brush each one with a little of the remaining cream, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Eat at once! These are really good with butter and strawberry jam!