Roast pork. Onions. Apples. All in one pot. Easy. Sounds like the perfect supper to us. Don’t you agree?
ROAST PORK LOIN RECIPE
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 1 H, 20 M
- Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 2 medium red onions
- 3 red apples, such as Ida Red, Rome, or Pink Lady
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed if desired
- 1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 400°F (204°C). Take the pork out of the refrigerator and place it on the counter.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut off both ends of the onions, then cut the onions in half from stem to opposite end and discard the skins. Place each half cut side down on the cutting board and cut in half again. You’ve just quartered your onions.
- 3. Cut the apples in half from stem to opposite end. Using a 1 teaspoon-size measuring spoon or melon baller, scoop out the core and the stem. Place each half, cut side down, on the cutting board and cut in half again. You’ve just cored and quarters your apples.
- 4. Place the onions and apples on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle the onions and apples with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (about 12 turns on a pepper mill). Toss together with your hands and spread in a single layer.
- 5. Mince the garlic and toss it in a small bowl with the thyme, fennel seeds, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the pork, fat side up, in the middle of the baking sheet, pushing the apples and onions aside as needed. Rub the entire pork loin with the garlic mixture.
- 6. Roast the pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the pork loin reads 145°F, 45 to 60 minutes. (You’ll probably want to start checking the pork loin after 30 minutes, just to be safe. A slight pink hue in the center of your cooked roast is perfectly desirable.) Transfer the roast pork loin to a clean cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the apples and onions.
Read more at http://leitesculinaria.com/96812/recipes-roast-pork-loin-apples-onions.html#avfLsTzkz943jC4X.99