Red Velvet Peanut Butter Blossoms
includes 16 cookies
- 1 bag Hershey's Kisses
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon red gel food coloring
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup red sanding sugar
- Heat oven to 375
- Beat butter, peanut butter, and sugar in stand mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed. Turn mixer to low and add in egg, milk, vanilla, and red food coloring. Mix for about 30 seconds to incorporate, then turn mixer to medium high and blend until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl sift cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt. With mixer on slow add flour mixture to sugar mixture and beat until just combined.
- Remove mixer bowl from stand. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Pour red sanding sugar onto small plate or bowl. Roll dough ball in sanding sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While baking unwrap Hershey's Kisses. Once cookies are done baking, remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate Kiss into the center of each cookie. The cookie should crack around edges.
- Allow cookies to cool to room temperature.