Red Velvet Madeleines
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1½ tablespoons red velvet baking emulsion (available at baking supply store or Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon dry buttermilk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter and 3 tablespoons flour for preparing pan
- 4 oz chocolate for dipping and assorted sprinkles
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare Madeleine Pan by buttering and flouring pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar with mixer, add vanilla, red velvet emulsion, buttermilk and salt.
- Mix in flour until blended.
- Pour butter in a stream and mix on low until well blended.
- Place 2 tablespoons of batter into each madeleine area of the pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until just golden.
- Remove pan from oven and turn onto a cooling rack.
- Allow Madeleines to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and dip edges of Madeleines into it, then shake on sprinkles and allow the chocolate to set before stacking.