Red Potato, Sausage and Rosemary Fontina Pizza
- homemade pizza dough (I like this recipe)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, grated
- 10 red potatoes, thinly sliced
- about ½ teaspoon McCormick Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Spice Blend
- ¼ pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven and pizza stone or baking sheet to 475 degrees.
- Divide pizza dough ball into sections to make 8-10 inch pizzas. Roll out dough, stretching it to form a rough circle and place on a piece of parchment paper sprinkled with cornmeal. Drizzle the dough with olive oil then sprinkle with half of the chopped garlic. Layer a handful of the fontina cheese then layer half of the potato slices so they are slightly overlapping. Scatter the sausage in chunks on top of the potatoes then top with sprigs of rosemary leaves. Season with half of the spice blend.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Sprinkle with more fresh rosemary leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt. Season with red pepper flakes if desired. Serve immediately.