Prosciutto Wrapped Omelets With Spinach, Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese
Recipe type: Eggs, Pork, Breakfast, Snack
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 35 mins
A perfect light breakfast lunch or even a snack. Prosciutto wrapped omelets with spinach, roasted red pepper and goat cheese For 2 servings, 2 mini omelets a serving 4 – 6 slices of prosciutto 4 whole large organic eggs 2 Tbsp organic butter or coconut oil 2 cups organic baby spinach 1 medium organic red bell pepper 2 ounces of goat cheese 2 tsp. fresh chives, chopped Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 – 6 slices of prosciutto
- 4 whole large organic eggs
- 2 Tbsp organic butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 1 medium organic red bell pepper
- 2 ounces of goat cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Place the red bell pepper on either a gas stove top or grill on medium heat and char the pepper on all sides. Place in a bowl and cover with a towel for about 20 min. Rinse under cool water and remove the charred skin. Remove the stem and seeds and slice into thin strips. Set aside
- Crack the eggs into 2 separate bowls, so you have 2 whole eggs for each omelet. Whisk well and season with sea salt and pepper. Heat a flat 10” skillet over medium heat, a crepe pan works great, and melt 1 Tbsp of either butter or coconut oil and once melted pour one of the bowls of eggs and swirl to coat the pan completely. Once the eggs are almost set, either slice in half and flip or flip the whole thing carefully and cut in half once removed from the pan. I used an offset spatula to flip like I do with crepes, after I went around the edges to unstick the omelet. Cook until set. Remove to a cutting board and repeat with the other eggs.
- Once the eggs are cooked, add the spinach to the pan and quickly stir for about 30 seconds to slightly wilt. Divide the spinach between the omelets and tip with red pepper slices and ½ ounce goat cheese per omelet half. Roll each up very gently and then wrap one of the slices of prosciutto around each omelet. If the prosciutto you have is thin or tears wrap a little bit more around.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.