Plum and Franginape Galette
- 250g butter puff pastry
- 65g caster sugar
- 65g butter
- ½ vanilla extract
- 2t Orange liqueur, brandy of cognac (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten - reserve a tablespoon to brush the pastry
- 70g ground almonds / almond flour
- 20g flour
- 250g sliced plums
- Icing sugar to dust
- Fresh cream or ice cream to serve.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C / 350F
- Using an electric mixer beat the sugar and butter until well combined. Add the egg (keeping a tablespoon behind to brush the pastry), cognac, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Mix the flours in by hand using a spatula. You should have soft but fairly thick paste that holds it shape.
- Place the sheet of puff pastry on a lined tray and spread the filling into the middle allowing about a 3cm border around. Top with ¾ of the sliced plums and then roughly fold the edges and corners in around the filling leaving the center part open. Fill this with the remaining plum slices.
- Brush the edges with the remaining egg and bake for 50 minutes until firm and golden brown. Loosely cover the pie with tin foil from about 30 minutes into the baking time to prevent over browning.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dusting of icing sugar, cream or ice cream.