Parmesan, Oregano and Pine Nut Melts
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au
Cal: 63 - Protein: 5.2g - Fat: 4.2g - Carbs: 1g - Fiber: 0.03g - Sugar: 0.14g
- 2 cups fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp oregano (or more for a stronger taste)
- 1 heaped tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- If your Parmesan isn't fine enough, start by pulsing it a few seconds in your food processor. In a large bowl, combine Parmesan, flour and oregano.
- Place a round cookie cutter on the prepared baking sheet. Carefully sprinkle a tablespoon of cheese mixture into the cutter and smooth the surface.. Remove the cutter. Repeat with the remaining mixture, leaving a 1-inch gap between each melt. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
I decided to use only 1/2 tsp of dried oregano because I wanted the taste to be subtle. Don't hesitate to use 1 tsp for a stronger flavor.