OVEN BAKED CRAB AVOCADO WONTONS
Recipe type: Appetizer/Side Dish
- 8 ounces imitation crab meat
- 2 avocados
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 24-30 small wonton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons water
- sweet and sour dipping sauce or sweet chili sauce (you can find these kinds of dipping sauces in the Asian section at the grocery store)
- optional: sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, combine crab, avocados, cream cheese, green onions, and chili powder. Mix together until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place about 1-2 tablespoons of the crab-avocado mixture in the center of each wonton. Place water in a small bowl. Dip your fingers in the water and then pinch together the sides of the wontons so that they stick together. Lay each triangular wonton in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spray wontons heavily with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until tops begin to brown. Remove from oven and carefully flip wontons over. Return to oven and bake another 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving with dipping sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired (definitely optional).