Nutella Stuffed Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt
2¼ cup all-purpose flour
1¼ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon of salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
1¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup milk chocolate chips
1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt and cook down the butter until little brown bits appear in the pan and you smell a nutty aroma. Remove from the heat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together butter and sugars until fully incorporated. Beat in egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt until combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours to let the flavors meld together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Roll 1½ tablespoons of dough and flatten the dough to make a flat circle. Place 1 teaspoon of chilled Nutella in the middle then place another flat circle of cookie dough on top. Crimp edges to seal.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and bake 9-11 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool on wire racks.