NUT-CRUSTED FRIED BRIE BITES
- 12 oz brie cheese, chilled well and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Canola oil, for frying
- French bread, optional
- Cranberry sauce, optional
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, walnuts, and pecans. Finely chop until the nuts are about the same size as your panko breadcrumbs. Remove the nuts from the food processor and mix with the panko and sesame seeds.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the milk. Dip the brie in the milk, then the nut mixture, turning and pressing gently to coat. Transfer the nut-crusted brie to a baking sheet or platter and refrigerate for 1 hour or more (you can prep this the day before and refrigerate overnight, if preferred).
- Pour about an inch of oil into a heavy-bottomed, high-walled frying pan or wok. Heat over medium-high to 350 degrees F.
- Add a few brie bites at a time to the oil and fry until golden, turning carefully with a heatproof cooking utensil occasionally.
- Remove the fried brie with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve warm with Raspberry Cranberry Sauce and French bread.