Technique for making naan pizzas, either on the grill or in the oven.
Author: Jane Maynard
- Naan bread, plain
- Pizza toppings of your choice!
- If using a gas grill:
- Turn all burners on to high, close the cover and let preheat for 15 minutes. At that point, turn the primary burner to medium-high heat and the other burners to medium-low.
- While the grill is heating up, get all of your ingredients ready to go, including any utensils you may need (spoon for spreading sauce, tongs and/or spatula, etc).
- Clean the grate and then oil lightly. Put two naan breads on the hot side of the grill and cook on each side about 1 minute.
- At this point you can slide the two breads to the cooler side of the grill and place the toppings on the pizza, or you can remove the naan from the grill to put the toppings on, whatever is easiest and most comfortable for you.
- Once bread has pizza toppings, close the lid and cook for about 5 minutes, until cheese is all melted. Remove from the grill and serve!
- If making more than 2 pizzas (I made 4 four our family of 5), repeat the process with 2 more naan breads.
- If using the oven:
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place naan bread directly on the oven rack and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add pizza toppings to the naan breads. Place back in the oven, either directly on the oven rack or on a piece of foil on the oven rack. Cook for 8-10 minutes or so, until cheese is totally melted. Remove from the oven and serve!