Mom's Split Pea & Ham Soup w/ a twist
This hearty, smoky, peppery, delicious soup is sure to hit the spot!
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried split peas
- 8 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (add ham w/ bone in optional for old fashioned version)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked corned beef or ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon of Sola Seasonings (Click to order - optional but highly recommended for a cajun spicy kick)
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until peas and vegetables are tender.Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
SoLa Cajun Seasoning is the the perfect blend of flavor and heat. Proudly the best cajun and creole seasoning on the market. Certified cajun and made with heather sea salt. A premium cajun spice.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT The name “SoLa” comes from the abbreviation of South Louisiana, because SoLa Cajun Seasoning is definitely the “flavor of South Louisiana”. The blend is made from the highest quality spices and sea salt. Why sea salt? Sea salt has a better flavor than regular table salt, because the natural mineral flavor of the salt comes through. Very few Cajun seasonings are made with sea salt because it is more expensive, but we believe it is better!.