Chock-full of tomatoes, creamy ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan and fresh basil this flagrant and flavorful tomato quiche is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups (240 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) diced cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- iced water (about 3 tablespoons)
- 25-30 cherry tomatoes
- 4 eggs,
- 1/2 cup heavy cream,
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Add the flour, diced butter and salt to a food processor. Pulse a couple of times until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Slowly add, a few drops at a time, iced water until the dough comes together and formsa ball. Wrap it in clear plastic film and put in the fridge for at least 30-40 minutes. (can be made up to 3 days in advance)
- When ready to bake the quiche, heat the oven to 350F.
- Remove the crust dough from the fridge and roll it out on a floured surface into a 12 inch circle. Gently press it evenly on the bottom and sides of an 11" quiche pan
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes on top of the crust.
- To make the filling, in a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the cream and ricotta cheese. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, chopped basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the filling into the baking dish. If needed arrange the tomatoes so they are not all cluttered into one spot.
- Bake the quiche into the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for few minutes before slicing.
- Can be served warm or cold.