What You Will Need:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 safest choice eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- kosher salt/pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 4 Roma tomatoes - sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust and place into a 9" tart pan. Press dough into tart pan and remove excess dough. Pierce dough with fork tines. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden. Allow crust to cool. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs and cream in a large bowl. Add cheese, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange basil and tomato slices on the bottom of pie crust. Pour egg mixture into tart pan.
- Place tart pan onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes OR until eggs are set.
- Garnish with additional basil if desired.