MARBLED BANANA BREAD
1 hour 15 mins
1 hour 40 mins
Chocolate marbled banana bread topped with a silky ganache.
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (1 and ½ cup)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup strained yogurt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl over boiling water and let it cool down.
- Mix sugar and butter with an electric mixer until it’s crumbly.
- Add in mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add eggs, one each time and mix.
- Stir in strained yogurt and mix until combined well.
- Mix flour, cinnamon and baking soda in a seperate bowl and combine it with the wet ingredients.
- Take 1 cup of the batter and mix it with melted chocolate.
- Line your pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into it.
- Pour the chocolate batter over it and swirl gently into the batter with a fork.
- Bake it for 1 hour and 15 minutes and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl over boiling water.
- Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan until it boils and combine with the melted chocolate.
- Pour over the completely cooled banana bread and wait for about half an hour before serving.