Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (you may use all purpose, or a mix of the two, but it will loose some of it's *health value)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut OR olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 VERY ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (will yield about 1 and 1/4 cups of mashed banana)
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F). Butter and flour a loaf pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, apple sauce, eggs and vanilla until just blended. Stir in the mashed bananas and blueberries. Add the dry ingredients and stir *just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, place in the oven, and bake until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean - about 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.