Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Omelet
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar (I used Cabot's Farmhouse Reserve)
- 2/3 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a bowl, toss together butternut squash, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle rosemary over the top. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. After roasted, toss with maple syrup and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 4 eggs. Heat a small, greased skillet (mine has a 9 inch diameter) over medium heat. Pour in half the eggs and cook for 2 minutes. Then top half the omelet with cheese, arugula and roasted butternut squash. Cook until eggs are no longer runny, then fold the omelet in half. Flip to the other side (flip with confidence and not much will fall out) and cook for 1 more minutes. Repeat process for the next omelet. Serve hot.
Makes 2 omelets (with leftover roasted butternut squash)