Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas are loaded with meat, cheese, pepper, and onions! Serve with marinara sauce, ketchup, or sour cream.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 3/4 pound ultra thin shaved steak
- (2) 8.8 ounce packages Stonefire Garlic Naan
- 1 cup cheese whiz OR 1/2 pound of your favorite sliced cheese
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and warm for a minute before adding in the green pepper slices, yellow onion slices, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers and onions are softened and slightly charred round the edges; about 10 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer the peppers and onions into a bowl and set them aside.
- Return the saute pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining olive oil and warm for a few minutes. Add beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and using a slotted spoon transfer steak to a large plate; set aside.
- Spray a large saute pan with non-stick cooking spray. Heat prepared pan over medium heat. Once warm, place one naan, bubble side facing down, in the pan. Top with a layer of cheese spread (or a few slices of cheese), an even layer of shaved steak, and an even layer of the cooked green peppers and onions.
- Place a second naan on top, gently press down and cook for 4 minutes before carefully flipping it over and cooking for an additional 4 minutes on the other side. Carefully transfer quesadilla to a cutting board. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut quesadillas into quarters and serve at once. I recommend serving them with marinara sauce, ketchup, or sour cream.