Loaded Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Guacamole
Author: Jo Cooks
- 8 slices dark rye bread
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut small
- 1 red roasted red pepper
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 stalk celery, chopped small
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped small
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped small
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, mashed
- juice from one lime
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a medium size bowl mix together all the chicken salad ingredients: chicken, red pepper, cheddar cheese, celery, green onions, pecans, parsley, red onion, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, roughly mash the avocados, add lime juice, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- To assemble sandwiches, start with laying 2 lettuce leaves on 4 of the slices. Divide the chicken salad among the 4 sandwiches and load them up. Top with guacamole then the last slice of rye bread. Cut in half and enjoy. Sprinkle with more lime juice as needed.
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: 569 Fat: 38.4g Saturated fat: 11.3g Unsaturated fat: 0.0g Trans fat: 0.0g Carbohydrates: 22.9g Sugar: 4.7g Sodium: 387mg Fiber: 9.3g Protein: 35.4g Cholesterol: 88mg