Lemony Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches
These Lemony Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches are perfect for any kind of shower, party, or gathering. It screams spring and summer, and is not only easy to make, but can be prepared ahead of time!
From: Chew Out Loud
Recipe type: main, appetizer, side
Serves: makes 24 finger sandwiches
- 4 oz whole cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 2 TB chopped fresh dill
- Zest and Juice of half a large lemon
- Salted butter, softened for spreading on bread slices
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices high quality white or whole grain bread
- ½ large cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced, thoroughly dried with paper towels
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, fresh dill, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add enough kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Butter each slice of bread (prevents sogginess.) Lay slices with butter side up on a work surface. Evenly distribute the cream cheese mixture onto each slice. Arrange towel-dried cucumber slices on top of the first 3 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Slice off the crusts. If not serving immediately, wrap tightly in cling wrap and chill for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice into 4 triangles per sandwich.