LEMON CHICKEN PICCATA
Author: Jo Cooks
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- salt and pepper to taste
- all purpose flour, for dredging
- 4 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken stock or dry white wine, I used wine
- ¼ cup brined capers
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tbsp of butter with the olive oil, over medium to high heat.
- Add chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for about 3 to 4 min per side until browned. When chicken is cooked, remove chicken from skillet.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add lemon juice, chicken stock or wine, capers and scrape up the brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Return skillet to heat and bring to a boil. Taste the sauce and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Add chicken back to skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter and add remaining butter and whisk for about a minute. Sauce will thicken a bit.
- You can return chicken to skillet and garnish with parsley. Alternatively you can pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.