KALE + SPINACH WITH APPLE QUESADILLA
1/2 cup packed spinach
2 kale leaves, de-stemed
1/2 apple, cored and chopped
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese*
1/4 cup white beans, washed
4 8-inch tortillas
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
For Spicy Lime Sauce
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 tsp Sriracha
1. In a food processor or blender, add in spinach, kale, apple, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of cheese and pulse until just combined, scrapping down sides as needed.
2. Pre-heat large skillet over medium heat. Pour in half of the oil and let it get hot.
3. Take 1 tortilla and speed half of the kale mixture onto it, sprinkle half of the beans and half of the remaining cheese. Cover with a tortilla and place into skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat with process with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the yogurt, lime juice and Sriracha (to taste) and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Let quesadilla cool slightly, cut into wedges, drizzle with spicy lime sauce and serve. I also recommend serving this with a big bowl of guacamole:)
Yield - 2 8-inch or 4 6-inch quesadillas
Storage - in fridge for 3 days
*You can use the pre-shredded Mexican cheese from the store, straight white cheddar cheese, pepper-jack cheese (I use a blend of cheddar and pepper-jack in mine), or colby jack.